What is National Night Out?
- Annual neighborhood-based crime and drug prevention event.
- Opportunity to show neighborhood spirit and strengthen partnerships with local police.
- Demonstrates neighborhood commitment to fight crime.
- Observed in thousands of communities in all 50 states, U.S. territories, Canadian cities and military bases around the world.
National Night Out (NNO) teams law enforcement agencies with citizens, community leaders, civic groups, and local businesses to promote safe, healthy neighborhoods. NNO is designed to heighten crime and drug prevention awareness; generate support for, and participation in, local anticrime programs; strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
Residents are encouraged to join with their neighbors to have a neighborhood block party, ice cream social or other outdoor event to build neighborhood spirit and unity - which is the first defense against crime.
How Can You Get Involved?
Here are some of the ways you can help us create this year's event in Marlin:
- Donate a item/items to be raffled at the NNO Main Event.
- Make a monetary donation to help with purchases for the event.
- Host an informational booth at the NNO Main event (no booth costs).
- Contact Kathy Wooley or Amber Howell at (254) 883-9255 for more details.
Research shows that when neighbors know each other and look out for each other crime goes down.