Finance Director x222
101 Fortune Street
Ph: (254) 883-1450
Fx: (254) 883-1456
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Closed 12p-1p for Lunch
The Finance Department is responsible for the general supervision and management of all accounting functions of the City. Cash management, investments, debt management, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and fixed assets are included in these responsibilities.
Regulations & Mission
The Finance Department ensures the safety of the citizen’s investment in the City of Marlin. Finance administers and supervises financial affairs of the City in accordance with guidelines established by policies, procedures, ordinances, and budgets adopted by the City Council, state laws, generally accepted accounting principles, administrative polices, and Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) reporting guidelines.
The department provides financial data to users in a manner that assists in decision making. Effective internal controls are maintained to assure the financial responsibility and fiscal management of the City of Marlin’s assets and resources. This department strives to build a solid foundation for financial stability. Other city departments are provided financial support needed to achieve their missions.
These Duties Include:
- Oversee, review, and adhere to the budgets for each department.
- Assist in company-wide budgetary planning.
- Supervising accounting staff.
- Overseeing internal controls, setting financial targets, implementing effective financial strategies, monitoring expenditures, improving revenue, monitoring cash flow, evaluating investments, managing tax compliance, managing debt, overseeing annual insurance.
- Ensure that all of the company's financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation.